Why do traps and poison not work in stopping rats?
The problem with this method of pest control is rats die within walls and floors encouraging maggots, then flies as they decompose over an extended period, creating strong unpleasant smells. Unless used carefully in conjunction with effective pest proofing where the point of access is located and blocked, a vacuum effect may be caused and, in a matter of weeks, re-infestation may occur.
Why are they getting into my house?
Rarely seen in daylight, rats primarily find food and shelter in warm human habitations and therefore interact within our properties. They congregate in colonies of 30-50 rats and live 100 feet to 400 feet from their food source returning normally at night, often nesting females will relocate internally within a property.
Why do the rats live in drains?
Drains are a main highway for rats providing both a water and food source from all the food waste we dispose into the kitchen sink. Also, the sewer is warm and safe location within winter. Rats are nocturnal so the dark is their preference too.
A warm safe food source proving access to properties, all that is stopping them entering, is a thin plastic waste pipe.
What guarantee do I get, what if I think they have returned?
We will guarantee our works for 12 months from the date of completion. If any rat activity is spotted, we will return without charge and rectify. We have motion cameras with night vision that can prove resolution of the problem.
Our system and process is completely different. We understand the points of access and use tried and tested methods to stop any access to the property.
Our guaranteed process is the only sustainable answer to the inevitable increase of the rat population within domestic areas. It is an effective, humane form of rat control that is not harmful to the environment and provides a long lasting solution.
What to Do When you Find a Dead Rat
- Wear rubber, latex or vinyl gloves when cleaning up dead rats.
- Ventilate the area. (Our experts also suggest wearing appropriate breathing protection.)
- Spray the dead rat or nest and the surrounding area with a household disinfectant or a mixture of bleach and water (1-part bleach to 9-parts water).
- Spray the dead rat, nesting materials or droppings in the disinfectant solution for five minutes before wiping up with a paper towel or rag.
- Place the dead rat in a plastic bag and seal tightly. Place the full bag in a second plastic bag and seal it.
- Place the bag into a covered trash can that is regularly emptied.
- Remove your gloves. Thoroughly wash your hands with soap and water (or use a waterless alcohol-based hand rub when soap is not available and hands are not visibly soiled).
What if the drain fittings fail?
Pestprooflondon used approved professional rat blockers:
- The drain fittings used are made specifically for 4-inch, 6-inch and 9-inch pipework.
- 90,000 have been fitted already.
- All parts are manufactured in acid resistant 316 stainless steel.
- Reversible flaps for inlet or outlet pipework.
- Designed so cannot get blocked in drainage.
Do pestproof work within commercial properties as well as domestic?
Yes. Pestprooflondon’s certified and well-trained technicians will come up with the most efficient solution to keep your work environment safe from the distraction and stress of rodents. We totally understand that even with extremely high levels of hygiene the pests can still infest your commercial property, we take pride in providing fully tailored pest management and control solutions. We are an NADC pest control company.
Please call the office to speak with our staff to provide further details regarding annual service agreements consisting of regular service visits throughout the year and reactive services required after an infestation has occurred.